The AFA™ Program
AFA® (Accredited Financial Analyst®) is one of the most highly valued qualifications available internationally for Financial Analysts and Financial Research Analysts. The Accredited Financial Analyst (AFA®) qualification is administered by the American Academy of Financial Management in the US and is promoted as the industry standard for professionals working in the financial services industry as Research Analysts, Equity Analysts, Portfolio Managers, Investment Bankers etc.
The AFA® qualification is one of the most highly respected and valued qualifications available internationally. It is recognized by member states in both developed and emerging markets, the AFA® designation is recognized as a symbol of professional excellence. AFA candidates and charter holders reside in more than 151+ Countries Worldwide. Gaining such a qualification is evidence that you possess skills and knowledge that are in high demand by employers in securities markets as well as in banking, corporate finance, fund management, insurance, and investment advice.
The Accredited Financial Analyst Program (AFA®) equips students with cutting edge skills in financial analysis and equity research taking the students through a deep value fundamental research process that results in the creation of independent equity research reports and innovative financial models. The AFA provides an educational challenge that builds on relevant, real-world fundamental investment knowledge to educate, train and develop the next generation of top notch finance talent.
Some of the things the AFA® Program enables you to do are:
- Understand financial statements, and use them to evaluate the strength of organizations.
- Sift through information to identify what is most relevant
- Applying sophisticated analytical methods.
- Framing an idea and formulating a hypothesis
- Develop models to estimate the fundamental value of a firm.
- Apply concepts of accounting, economics, statistics, and psychology.
- Make extensive use of modelling tools such as excel in creating financial models
- Write professional research reports
- Advise and analyze investments
Why become AFA®
- AFA® certification is awarded directly by American Academy of Financial Management® USA.
- Recognition by AACSB INTERNATIONAL and ACBSP Global Accreditation Agency
- Certification recognized by over 800 business schools and leading universities globally
- AFA® Members in 151+ countries
- Offices in over 17 countries
- Be part of Largest Member Network of 50,000+ Global Accredited Financial Analyst®
How to become AFA®
- Complete the AFA® Education Program
- Pass the AFA® Examination
- Satisfy the minimum 2-year work experience requirement
- Agree to follow the AFA® Professional Code of Ethics
Module 1: Analyzing Companies
Module 2: Analyzing Drivers of Relative Stock Prices
Module 3: Analyzing the Quality of Business and Valuation